A lot of times, I think we find ourselves writing down the big things when we think about what we're grateful for - but we often forget about the random little things and how wonderful they can be as well! Don’t get me wrong, the big things are incredibly important and I am as grateful for them as I am for the little things, it's just that the little things are often what gets left in the dust after a crazy Thanksgiving holiday. As I mentioned in my review from earlier this year, one of my favorite parts about my Day Designer is that it has a little gratitude box that reminds me to write down something I'm grateful for each day. As you can imagine, over the past year, I've created quite the collection of little things I'm grateful for, so in honor of this Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share some of the things I've put in that little gratitude box!
- For music! It has such an incredible ability to lift my spirits. The song I'm currently playing on repeat is this amazing cover.
- For all three of my amazing space heaters, because, well, winter :P
- For sunglasses! For those Mondays when I’m on public transport nursing my coffee and it's too early in the morning to make awkward eye contact with strangers.
- For little pink cat noses!
- For nude matte lipsticks. They. Are. Amazing.
- For french fries. This one has made multiple appearances in the gratitude box because every time I eat a solid serving of fries, I thank my lucky stars that one amazing day, someone decided to throw potato sticks into a deep fryer - YUM.
- For the heavenly combination that is avocados + salmon. I've been eating it every morning for the last month and I cannot stop.
- For my hair! I think we all complain about our hair too much (i.e. too frizzy, too flat, wrong color) so I'm trying to do a 180 on that sort of thinking and be thankful for the fact that I have healthy hair!
- For advil, because cramps are no joke.
- For peppermint mocha flavored creamer because it makes every morning feel like a Christmas morning!
- For the ability to fall asleep quickly. I can't imagine what it's like to have to stare at the ceiling for 10, 30, 60 minutes before falling asleep so I'm incredibly thankful that I'm usually out within a couple of minutes!
- For days when my body is sore because this means I have muscles and I'm actually using them.
- For New Girl, the only television show that both my boyfriend and I can agree on watching because we both love it.
- For laughs because nothing in the world is happier than the sound of a laugh.
After typing this up, I've realized just how many of these are food related...oops! What can I say? The way to my heart is clearly food. Gratitude is definitely something that I'm still working on since it can be hard to think of good things when I've had a rough day or I'm not feeling 100%. Even on those days, however, I have to remind myself that awesome things like french fries and space heaters still exist – regardless of how my day is going – and to be grateful for them!
Wishing you all the happiest Thanksgiving ♥